Please click on the title to view the full blog entry.
Springtime is learning time. Get ready for warmer weather and photo opportunities by increasing your knowledge and understanding. There are several good educational opportunities in store for Central PA photographers.
8th Annual Light and Creativity Workshop
The Harrisburg Camera Club’s Light and Creativity Workshop offers top quality speakers in a one day event Saturday April 7th starting at 8:00 a.m. Register here.
– Mark Maio is a fine art and documentary photographer and workshop leader from Atlanta GA. Mark is the KEH Camera Corporation Ambassador and writes the “Critical Distance” blog. His topic will be “Photographic Life Lessons”.
– Katrin Eisman is an internationally respected artist, teacher and “Sony Artisan of Imagery”. She will be presenting a technical program on “Harnessing the Power of Lightroom’s Development Module”.
– Gordon Lewis has been a devoted street photographer for 50 years and a professional writer and author. Lewis will present his program on “Street Photography with Style”. He will speak on widening your horizons and finding your style while having fun.
– Ken Sklute is the Keynote speaker. One of only 53 Canon Explorers of Light, Ken’s address titled “Visual Depth” will highlight pre-visualization as a key improving your work. He will display his dramatic imagery and discuss the thought process of making it happen and the why. He will also include tips and tricks to improve your work in the presentation.
Processing Your Images
Image capture is only the first step in making quality images. This seminar will actually use your images to illustrate image processing and enhancement.
Initial processing with Lightroom will be followed by enhancement techniques using Photoshop or Elements depending on the owner of the image. You will need to bring at least 3 different images plus brackets for selection by Bryson. Control over image density, color correction, contrast and color enhancement, leading the eye, and sharpening techniques are just a few of the topics that will be addressed.
Make your images better, more interesting, and raise your competition scores with better post processing methods that anyone can learn easily. This seminar is tentatively scheduled for Saturday April 21st at 9:30 a.m. at the Hershey Library. Cost is $35 and a disc or jump drive with 3 or more images for processing. Please email Bryson (email@example.com) to sign up for this event or with questions.
Advanced Photoshop Techniques
This seminar is recommended for people with a Photoshop CC subscription who wish to take their processing skills to a new level. Understanding basic layers and masks is recommended, but will be expanded upon. The seminar will include techniques for image enhancement including:
- Refined Selections and masking
- Apply Image techniques for masking and image blending
- Multiple Stage and selective sharpening techniques
- Understanding Curves
- Luminosity and Color Contrast control
- Blend Modes
- BlendIf for control of highlight and shadows
- Color Grading
The seminar is scheduled for Saturday May 19 t 9:30 a.m. at the Hershey Library. Cost is $45 which can be paid at the door. Please email Bryson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register or with questions.